10th November 2019
Laser treatments help improve skin with a more natural result. In this post, we’ll explain this clever technology, outline the key skin concerns that can benefit from the treatment, and give you a breakdown of each procedure. Rest assured that any laser treatments undertaken at our skin clinic, Manchester are led by our Consultant Dermatologist and CIBTAC-qualified laser practitioner.
How it works
The treatment, held at our skin clinic, involves using medical-grade laser and Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) technology. The laser uses light to target an area of skin, heat it, and destroy the cells causing the problem. For example, with hair removal, the laser targets the hair follicle and prevents hair regrowth, while for those seeking to even out their skin tone, the laser breaks down unwanted pigment.
What it treats
Here at Lumiere skin clinic in Manchester, our powerful skin-rejuvenating laser treatment can help treat a number of concerns:
- Fine lines/wrinkles and crepey/lose skin – signs of ageing are softened through stimulating the skin’s production of collagen and elastin
- Pigmentation/sun sports – targeting areas of discolouration causes unwanted pigment to break down
- Facial redness/thread veins – these small, spidery veins close to the surface of the skin are broken down and reabsorbed by the body
- Acne scarring – triggers your body to kill bacteria deep in the pores
The lasers can also be used on enlarged pores, dull skin, and skin with a rough texture.
In order to address these specific skin concerns, we put together some specialised treatments:
Targets uneven texture, lines, wrinkles and acne scarring
– Stimulates cell renewal
– Smooths skin’s texture
– Stimulates collagen production
Targets redness, freckles and sunspots, plus facial thread vein removal
- – Treats hyperpigmentation
– Treats vascular outbreaks
– Targets areas of redness
Targets areas of sagging skin
– Gently heats the skin
– Stimulates collagen and elastin production
– Subtly lifts and tightens
Booking a treatment
Before starting any procedure, we recommend a consultation at our skin clinic to find out exactly what you want to achieve and tailor treatment as closely as possible – sometimes by putting together a combination of options.
To book your consultation at our IPL laser clinic in Manchester, please visit our contact page and complete the web form, and one of our team will be in touch to discuss your needs.